Honour the Queen’s reign with Dr. Dukan’s ‘Best of British’ recipe collection
As the country prepares to celebrate all things British for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee this June, Dr. Dukan has answered our dieting prayers and created a menu of patriotic plates and puddings – all completely delicious and diet-friendly!
So if you’re watching your weight in time for summer, there’s no need to miss out on some classic British fare: indulge in traditional scones –the reigning afternoon treat, delight in the “Queen of Puddings” Eton Mess, and fulfill your Full English fancy without compromising the success of your weight-loss.
Thanks to Dr. Dukan – the man behind the plan – we can enjoy our favourite British dishes guilt-free and still lose those extra inches fast. Hailing an “eat as much as you want” policy with an extensive list of over 100 approved foods to choose from, the Dukan Diet can help you successfully shift those unwanted pounds without going hungry or missing out.
‘Reigning Treat’: Scones
Prep time: 12 minutes
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
50g Dukan oat bran
50 g cornflour
½ tbsp sweetener
1 egg, separated
1 tbsp fat free quark
1 tbsp low fat yoghurt
3 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200C (400F) Gas Mark 6.
- Place the oat bran and cornflour into a bowl and stir in the sweetener.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff. Whisk together the egg yolk and quark.
- Fold the egg white into the egg yolk mixture then fold into the oat bran mixture.
- Spoon 4 spoonfuls onto a baking try and cook for 8-10 minutes. Leave to cool on a rack.
- Serve topped with a drizzle of yoghurt and a few slices of strawberries.
‘Queen of Puddings’: Eton Mess
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
1 egg white
½ tsp cornflour
3 tbsp sweetener
75 g strawberries, hulled and halved
200 g fat free natural yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 150C (300F) Gas Mark 2.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff, and then whisk in the cornflour and sweetener until thick and glossy.
- Spoon two large spoonfuls onto a baking sheet covered in greaseproof paper. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Break up the meringue and mix with the strawberries and yoghurt and spoon into small glasses to serve.
‘Crowning Glory’: Full English Breakfast
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
2 low fat sausages
3 rashers light bacon
1 tomato, halved
3 mushrooms, halved
2 slices Dukan bread
- Heat the grill and cook the sausages for 5-6 minutes, turning once.
- Add the bacon slices and continue to cook, turning bacon and sausages after another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, poach the egg in boiling water and toast the Dukan bread.
- Serve the toast topped with the poached egg, with sausages, bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms on the same plate.